LEARN ABOUT CRATERS & FREIGHTERS
Helpful Information for Understanding Our Offerings
We want our clients to be confident that they have made the right choice in selecting Craters & Freighters Nashville for assistance with their specialty packaging, crating, and shipping needs. That’s why we provide a number of ways you can learn more about our company and our processes.
What’s it like to work with Craters & Freighters? Take a look.
Check out great shots of our work for a better sense of the breadth and depth of the services we offer.
Recent Blog Posts
International shipping can be quite stressful, especially when the assets being shipped are fragile, oversized, valuable, need extensive attention, or are under strict time constraints. When shipping to Europe, for both personal reasons or business-related, it’s...
Electronics make for some tricky shipping. In most cases, they’re highly sensitive and valuable, making their packaging process a vital detail in a safe arrival at their destination. Server racks are no different. Precision is critical whether you’re shipping across...
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using LTL freight shipping services?
- Cost reduction: LTL shippers only pay for the portion of the truck used.
- Heightened safety: Typically, LTL shipments are put on a pallet or skid with other items and packaged together for protection rather than numerous containers loose in the trailer, allowing more movement.
- Custom solutions: LTL shippers often offer solutions such as liftgates, pickup and delivery options, and others.
- Easy tracking: Using various tracking resources, you always know where your item is.
Can LTL be used in ocean transport?
How much does LTL cost?
As with any shipment, there are numerous things to consider when establishing the price for your less-than-truckload shipment; some include:
- Distance between locations
- Size and weight of items to be shipped
- Special handling or custom services needed
- Expedited shipments
How do you prepare LTL shipments?
Our process is streamlined:
We determine the precise size of the item to avoid surprising or surmounting costs and ensure each item fits properly in the trailer, maximizing space
We package each item using the optimal materials and equipment, label each container, and load items onto pallets for space-saving and safety reasons
We provide all documentation necessary for you, our partners, and our team
What are the special LTL services you provide?
- Expedited to get your assets to their destination faster than standard times
- Liftgate service for items that weigh more than 100 pounds when needed
- Inside pickup and delivery for items that need to be picked up inside your location and dropped off inside your location
- Difficult or limited access service may be necessary for locations that are hard to get to or have limited space, such as tight parking lots and construction areas
- Cargo insurance for your valuables
Why should I ship LTL and not parcel?
Do you ship containers?
Yes, we handle everything from small shipments to large, dedicated full container load shipments.
Do you offer debris removal?
Yes, please contact us for information and pricing.
Do you handle hazardous material and dangerous goods?
Yes, we can pack and ship most hazardous materials according to 49 CFR, IMDG, and ICAO regulations. Please visit our Hazmat Shipping page for more information.
Get a fast, free, no-obligation cost estimate from Craters & Freighters in Nashville.
Provide your shipping requirements and details, and let us give you an estimate you can count on. Concerned that we can’t handle your shipment? Call us; we’ll come out and take a look at your items and come up with a plan you like. Serving most of Tennessee and Alabama, including Nashville & Chattanooga, TN, and Birmingham & Huntsville, AL.