STREAMLINING FREIGHT DELIVERIES
Freight Forwarder Services in Nashville
At Craters & Freighters Nashville, we provide expert transportation-only services if/when crating and packaging are not needed. Our freight forwarding professionals turn the most complex jobs into a simple phone call.
We’re well-versed in:
- Wood packaging restrictions for exports
- Advanced cargo securement methods
- Security requirements for air shipments
- And so much more
We understand your time is valuable, and you’re counting on us to provide detailed, coordinated, and streamlined solutions to make your business run smoothly. We have all you need to get your shipment completed quickly and effectively. Contact us today to learn how we can help your business thrive.
What is Freight Forwarding?
A successful freight forwarding shipment requires skill, knowledge, and experience. At Craters & Freighters, we have all three.
The logistics behind your large or small shipment can get overwhelming. Our freight forwarding team is prepared to help you with your cargo from the dock to the door if needed. From securing the correct export documents to communicating with your carrier to storing your items, we’ll handle as much of the project as you’d like.
Finding you the best carrier to meet your needs is our goal; we’ll consider cost, timeframe, and your unique requirements, so you can focus on other matters.
Even if you have a carrier you use regularly, we encourage you to check out our pricing. You may be pleasantly surprised at our combined crating and shipping fees.
The size and weight of your cargo are of no matter to our freight forwarder company. We provide numerous services for numerous assets including but not limited to:
- Large, heavy, oversized cargo
- Perishable cargo
- Medical devices
- Hazardous cargo
- Industrial equipment
A Freight Forwarder’s Glossary
At our shipping company, we know that our customers are eager for knowledge. We want you to understand the process of your shipment. Below are some terms you may want to familiarize yourself with.
- NVOCC (Non-Vessel-Owning Common Carrier): a freight forwarder that processes cargo on common carriers (does not own a carrier line)
- Air Waybill: a non-negotiable receipt of cargo, including the contract
- Automated Export System (AES): a system required by the US government to declare international shipments
- Bill of Lading: a document provided by the carrier that delineates the cargo, its origin, and final destination
- Harmonized System Codes: a global and standard list of agreed-to codes that cover all goods, streamlining tariff collection
- Port-Centric Logistics: when items are taken off containers and put on pallets at port rather than being transported by the container itself
- Shipper’s Export Declaration: a document that declares information about the shipment to the US Census Bureau
Your freight forwarding company must be very knowledgeable regarding the supply chain involved with your shipment. Let our professionals take the burden off your shoulders. We’ll help at every stage, from packing to warehouse procedures to customs.
Get a fast, free, no-obligation cost freight forwarding estimate from Craters & Freighters in Nashville.
Provide your freight shipping requirements and forwarding details, and let us give you an estimate you can count on. Concerned that we can’t handle your shipment? Call us; we’ll come out and take a look at your items and come up with a plan you like. Serving most of Tennessee and Alabama, including Nashville & Chattanooga, TN, and Birmingham & Huntsville, AL.